NSBE – Wayne State University is hosting the AWFE at Central High School,Saturday February 15, and are in need of volunteers.
Planning for the 2014 COMPES – Professional Development Conference is underway. This is a joint event with SWE, NSBE, and SHPE. Volunteers and speakers are needed. If you are interested in volunteering or have any questions please email email@example.com. The COMPES-PDC postcard is attached.
1) Preparation of conference communication e-mail to volunteers and others.
2) Managing the list of adveritising methods and companies both electronically and hard copy.
Time: 10 hours a month Jan. – Mar.
Opportunity to work with companies and volunteers.
Kelly Services Coordinator
1) Work with the automotive liason from Kelly Services
2) Kelly services is enthusiastic about working at PDC for 2nd year
3) Kelly Services will provide speaker for breakout session and provide confidential career discussions
4) Coordinate with registration and create time table and room availablity for day of event.
Time: 15-20 hours.
1) Coordinate with motivational, capstone, and other potential travelling speakers.
2) Each speaker has different portions convered by COMPES, verify with chair on budget prior to coordination. Could include travel such as air/car, hotel, and rental car.
Time: 5-10 hours total.
In-Kind Donation Coordinator
1) Coordinate in-kind donation activity
2) Coordinate with Whole Foods and companies giving giveaways.
3) Organize stuffing party, a week before event, put all the giveaways in bags for conference participants.
Time: 10 hours.
Leadership Panel (5 people)
Any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
From the NSBE40 CPC, November 02, 2013:
As of last week, all rooms for Saturday, March 29, 2014 are fully booked. We’re working with NSBE40 Housing to see if we can free up more rooms for Saturday of Annual Convention.
However, If you would like to book rooms now for
Wednesday, March 26, 2014-Friday, March 29, 2014
you may do so, and then please contact Wyndham Jade to be placed on the waiting list for Saturday.
Thanks in advance for your patience!!!
|888-241-8407 – Domestic (U.S. & Canada)||877-212-6908 – Domestic (U.S. & Canada)|
|972-349-7486 – International||972-349-5843 – International|
***Free Appetizers and Cash Bar***
Don’t miss the opportunity to network with professionals from across the metro Detroit Area and give back to the community through Toys for Tots!!!
Hello NSBE Professionals!
NSBE Detroit Professionals!
The Regional Energy Industry Forum will provide attendees with fresh perspectives on how the energy landscape is evolving and transforming. Energy industry experts and thought leaders will review the diverse methods that are being deployed to meet the growing energy demand.
Topics will include:
- Global, national and regional industry trends
- A review of new technologies and domestic source expansion
- Opportunities for economic development & job creation
- Workforce and industry transformation
- Strategic alliances and supplier diversity
- Clean energy and energy efficiency policies