Please join us for the award winning COMPES-PDC (Coalition of Minority Professional Engineering Societies Professional Development Conference)!!! Registration is NOW OPEN!!
COMPES is comprised of the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE), the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE), and the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) and they organize a Professional Development Conference (PDC) each year.
Saturday, May 20th, 2017
8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Ford Powertrain Engineering, Driveline & Manufacturing, 29500 Plymouth Road, Livonia, MI 48150
- Ford Motor Company is the 2017 host corporate sponsor of COMPES PDC
- The theme of the conference this year is “Self-Driven Success”
- Kimberly Pittel, Ford Group Vice President, Sustainability, Environment & Safety Engineering will be the keynote speaker
- Anne Bonney, Speaker and Coach from The John Maxwell Team will be the motivational speaker
- Register ONLINE by clicking on REGISTRATION when visiting WWW.COMPESPDC.ORG
- Cost: 40$ for SWE, NSBE, SHPE, IEEE members and for Platinum and Gold sponsors
- Registration Deadline: May 6th, 2017
The COMPES PDC is being led by Ford members of WiPD and WiM along with Industry partners from SWE, NSBE, SHPE. COMPES PDC allows the ability to network with 200+ professional engineers from private (e.g., automotive, energy, etc.) and public (government) sectors. Although many are minority professionals, NSBE, SHPE, and SWE are planning this professional development conference for all engineers. Of previous conference attendees, 80% named networking as one of the benefits and reasons to attend. There will be sessions on technical topics, soft skills, and on developing tools for personal and professional growth. Previous Conference Sample Survey Feedback – Met/Exceeded Expectations for 98% of previous attendees!
• “Great information presented in fun and dynamic ways”
• “I am more energized and feel ready to take on the world”
• “Wonderful experience”
• “The environment was inspirational”