Hello NSBE-DAE members! Here is a job posting with a salary range is $60 to 80K. For more information please contact Butler Benton at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tarolyn Buckles at email@example.com.
Work in a team environment with project managers, consultants, developers, and clients to analysis, design, development/configuration, and implementation of database and application development and integration projects. Assist the Project Manager and team members with project scoping, planning, designing, and execution to ensure projects are achieved on a timely basis with quality customer service.
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, information technology, computer engineering, or a related field.
- Experience Required-
- Minimum of 5 years experience in database and application development and integration within MS SQL Server environments. Experience with Oracle RDBMS.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required (include any certifications or license requirements or preferences)
- Comprehensive knowledge of:
- Strong experience in Database Administration in SQL Server (2005 and 2008)
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention
- Knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, clustering, database mirroring, replication.
- Knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching; and how statistics work, how indexes are stored, and how they can be created and managed effectively
- Knowledge of SQL Server tools ( Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SAC, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs, system sprocs)
- SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design ( stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints)
- Knowledge of windows server, security delegation, SPNs, storage components
- Systems analysis, design, testing, development and implementation of application software with either .NET technologies (C#,ASP.NET) or Java technologies (J2SE, J2EE, RMI)
- Application and database development estimating, planning, testing, and progress tracking
- XML, GML, KML, Web services, application servers, Web servers, and/or SQL performance tuning SQL performance tuning
- C / C++ programming skills
- Knowledge in a scripting language like Powershell, VBScript, WSH
- Knowledge with windows server, security delegation, SPNs
- Knowledge of Oracle RDBMS
- Concepts, practices and procedures (COBIT and ITIL), including change management, software/systems development life cycle for application development and management
- Written and verbal communication skills and excellent listening skills for individual interactions and in group settings
- Water and wastewater utility business practices and processes