Planning for the 2014 COMPES – Professional Development Conference is underway. This is a joint event with SWE, NSBE, and SHPE. Volunteers and speakers are needed. If you are interested in volunteering or have any questions please email email@example.com. The COMPES-PDC postcard is attached.
1) Preparation of conference communication e-mail to volunteers and others.
2) Managing the list of adveritising methods and companies both electronically and hard copy.
Time: 10 hours a month Jan. – Mar.
Opportunity to work with companies and volunteers.
Kelly Services Coordinator
1) Work with the automotive liason from Kelly Services
2) Kelly services is enthusiastic about working at PDC for 2nd year
3) Kelly Services will provide speaker for breakout session and provide confidential career discussions
4) Coordinate with registration and create time table and room availablity for day of event.
Time: 15-20 hours.
1) Coordinate with motivational, capstone, and other potential travelling speakers.
2) Each speaker has different portions convered by COMPES, verify with chair on budget prior to coordination. Could include travel such as air/car, hotel, and rental car.
Time: 5-10 hours total.
In-Kind Donation Coordinator
1) Coordinate in-kind donation activity
2) Coordinate with Whole Foods and companies giving giveaways.
3) Organize stuffing party, a week before event, put all the giveaways in bags for conference participants.
Time: 10 hours.
Leadership Panel (5 people)
Any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org