Save the Date for NSBE44. The National Society of Black Engineers 44th Annual Convention (#NSBE44) will take place March 21-March 25, 2018 in Pittsburgh, PA. The convention demonstrates NSBE’s commitment to lead the United States in graduating 10,000 Black engineers annually by 2025.
The Annual Convention showcases Black students and professionals who have a passion for STEM, who are high achievers in these fields and who are channeling their dedication to advance their communities and society at large. #NSBE44 will attract more than 10,000 aspiring and practicing engineers, educators, representatives of more than 200 academic institutions, government agencies, corporations and nonprofit organizations.
The convention will feature high-profile speakers, panel discussions, dynamic workshops, networking sessions, community engagement events, technical and scientific competitions, hands-on engineering and science activities and the premier career fair geared toward African Americans in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
Please join us for the award winning COMPES-PDC (Coalition of Minority Professional Engineering Societies Professional Development Conference)!!! Registration is NOW OPEN!!
COMPES is comprised of the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE), the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE), and the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) and they organize a Professional Development Conference (PDC) each year.
Saturday, May 20th, 2017
8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Ford Powertrain Engineering, Driveline & Manufacturing, 29500 Plymouth Road, Livonia, MI 48150
- Ford Motor Company is the 2017 host corporate sponsor of COMPES PDC
- The theme of the conference this year is “Self-Driven Success”
- Kimberly Pittel, Ford Group Vice President, Sustainability, Environment & Safety Engineering will be the keynote speaker
- Anne Bonney, Speaker and Coach from The John Maxwell Team will be the motivational speaker
- Register ONLINE by clicking on REGISTRATION when visiting WWW.COMPESPDC.ORG
- Cost: 40$ for SWE, NSBE, SHPE, IEEE members and for Platinum and Gold sponsors
- Registration Deadline: May 6th, 2017
The COMPES PDC is being led by Ford members of WiPD and WiM along with Industry partners from SWE, NSBE, SHPE. COMPES PDC allows the ability to network with 200+ professional engineers from private (e.g., automotive, energy, etc.) and public (government) sectors. Although many are minority professionals, NSBE, SHPE, and SWE are planning this professional development conference for all engineers. Of previous conference attendees, 80% named networking as one of the benefits and reasons to attend. There will be sessions on technical topics, soft skills, and on developing tools for personal and professional growth. Previous Conference Sample Survey Feedback – Met/Exceeded Expectations for 98% of previous attendees!
• “Great information presented in fun and dynamic ways”
• “I am more energized and feel ready to take on the world”
• “Wonderful experience”
• “The environment was inspirational”
COMPES Professional Development Conference is coming on May 20th, 2017. This one-day conference is presented by the Coalition of Minority Professional Engineering Societies (NSBE, SHPE, and SWE) and will take place at Ford Motor Company’s Livonia facility. Stay tuned for more details.
**Registration closes April 19**
It’s time to register for the 2016 COMPES Professional Development Conference! “AMP UP YOUR CAREER” with this one-day conference featuring exciting speakers and breakout sessions. SWE members receive discounted registration!
· Learn from experts on current technical topics from cybersecurity to the smart grid, alternative energy to automated vehicles.
· Unlock the secrets of the HR Department, and access resources to aid in your career planning and advancement.
· Craft your elevator speech, hone soft skills like communication and persuasion, and learn to protect your intellectual property as an engineer.
· Network over breakfast and lunch (included) with other professionals from SWE, NSBE, SHPE, and our sponsor companies.
Where: DTE Energy, 1 Energy Plaza, Detroit, MI 48226
When: Saturday, April 23, 2016, 7:30am – 4pm
Visit www.COMPESPDC.org today to register.
REGISTRATION EXTENDED TO SATURDAY APRIL 9
NSBE Detroit Professionals,
Please join SHPE, NSBE & SWE for the COMPES-Professional Development Conference which is being held on Saturday, April 18, 2015, at Valeo (150 Stephenson Hwy. Troy, MI 48083). COMPES stands for Coalition of Minority Professional Engineering Societies. It is the formation of three minority groups: National Society of Black Engineers, Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and Society of Women Engineers.
Registration which includes selection of sessions and payment is required in advance. The registration fee is $40.
Please Register for the COMPES-PDC at www.compespdc.org.
Or by mail registration is to be postmarked including payment (checks made payable to SWE-Detroit) no later than Friday April 3rd (To: COMPES-PDC c/o SWE-Detroit Section P.O. Box 2978 Southfield, MI 48037-2978).
Online registration no later than 11:55 pm on Monday April 6th.
COMPES (Coalition of Minority Professional Engineering Societies) Professional Development Conference
Where: Valeo in Troy
When: Saturday, April 18, 2015
Theme: “Driving Innovation and Diversity”
Event details: http://www.compespdc.org/